The Firm offers a full range of labor and employment law advice and services, including:
(1) Representation in employment litigation before state and federal government agencies, courts, and arbitration panels, involving claims of discrimination and retaliation, other statutory claims (e.g., under the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, Older Workers Benefit Protection Act and Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act), as well as state law claims for breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenants, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
(2) Counseling with respect to labor and employment law issues, including the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage and hour laws, leaves of absence, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, employee handbooks, employment policies, employment applications, employment and independent contractor agreements, terminations, and separation agreements.
(3) Training managers and employees with respect to labor and employment laws, including training about sexual and other discriminatory harassment, discipline and discharge, union avoidance, leaves of absence under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act, and reductions in force.
(4) Representation of employers and employees in unemployment compensation appeals.
(5) Counseling, negotiation and litigation services and representation of executives with respect to labor and employment law issues, particularly regarding employment agreements, non-competition and other restrictive covenants, and severance agreements.
(6) Severance Negotiations – The ending of an employment relationship is a significant life event, akin to a divorce, a death, or other life change. You should not go through this transition without professional assistance. Click above to learn more.
We practice in the following areas of Employment Law:
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Discrimination Law
- Employment Contract Disputes
- Employment Contract Negotiations
- Employment Law & Counseling
- Labor Law
- Maryland Employment Law
- Non Compete Litigation
- Sexual Harassment
- Washington D.C. Employment Law
- Wrongful Discharge/Termination