Special Matters / Investigations
Bailey & Ehrenberg’s Special Matters practice group brings the interdisciplinary expertise of the firm’s attorneys to a diverse range of legal problems. Our attorneys have handled a variety of complex personal, criminal, and business law problems for individual and institutional clients.
In each case, we exercise the utmost discretion and operate with the highest ethical standards. Our attorneys have a remarkable ability to think through methods of resolving difficult, seemingly intractable problems. Some of our biggest successes will never be trumpeted or advertised, because our clients (as well as their adversaries) value discretion.
Examples of Special Matters would include:
- Assisting with the preparation of responses to subpoenas issued by the United States Attorney’s Office, as well as state and local law enforcement agencies
- Conducting internal investigations for corporate and organizational clients to assist in loss prevention
- Defending employers and fiduciaries of pension plans against possible civil and criminal penalties brought by the United States Department of Labor
- Assisting commercial clients with management of crises involving the inadvertent release of employees’ and/or customers’ personal information
- Negotiating contentious personal and family disputes and property settlements for high level executives and public figures
- Negotiating severance agreements between highly-compensated executives and attorneys and their employers
- Post-sentencing and judgment modifications in criminal and quasi-criminal collateral proceedings
We practice in the following areas of Special Matters / Investigations:
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Criminal Investigation
- Jury Service